Registering a Domain
There are two reasons to register a domain with DNSimple: when it’s a newly purchased domain, or to register a domain for which you’re already managing the DNS.
When applicable, we recommend opting for our “auto-renew” feature to avoid your domain expiring if you plan to retain ownership.
To register a domain
- Log in to DNSimple with your user credentials.
- Click Add Domain from your Dashboard and select the appropriate account if you have more than one.
- Fill out the domain name.
- Choose whether you’d like Whois Privacy Protection or auto-renewal on the domain (if applicable).
- Click Register Domain.
- Provide contact details for the registrant of the domain, or choose a contact from those you’ve already created.
- Click Register Domain. You’ll be charged immediately for the registration.